Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Case Market Study "Daisy Brand"


Daisy Cottage Cheese
By Todd Marshall


Daisy cottage cheese commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QonxisSRw


The reason I picked this company is I was sitting and watching tv and heard this Daisy commercial come on. This repeated several times over several weeks. Then I heard this song outside while working in my backyard and instantly knew it was for cottage cheese. The song was stuck in my head! Finally, I was in the store grocery shopping and heard the song come on again. I found myself looking for cottage cheese while I was in the dairy section, but there one problem. I don't like cottage cheese!!!!
Daisy corporation has done a fantastic job on their marketing plan. After listening to their commercial many people really enjoy the commercial for cottage cheese. I looked up several of the comments after the commercial was released. They commented:

“This has been stuck in my head for like 4 days lol.” and “Never in my life have I liked a song for a food commercial. This one is nice”.

The Daisy corporation is a four-generation family run business. It has been in business since 1917. They have a corporate office in Dallas Texas and three distribution centers in Casa Grande AZ, Garland TX and Wooster OH. Daisy brand is the leader in cottage cheese and sour cream as far as sales go. They have maintained good sales on this product for quite some time. In 2018 Americans bought 131 million sour cream and cottage cheese from Daisy.

Sales chart:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Daisy-Brand-EI_IE296871.11,22.htm



The value proposition of this brand is: Daisy passionately strives to provide our customers products in which we take great pride. Our dedication to pure ingredients with no preservatives makes for great-tasting products and sets us apart from others.

The market issue they face is trying to get the brand name out there with so many food brands competing with them. The catchy tunes and family-friendly commercials seem to be working great.
In my opinion, the company needs to continue to come up with new commercials it can show on TV and on the internet, they seem to know who their target market. Getting the brand name out there so people can look for and enjoy this product. It’s hard to keep that brand name out front so they need to keep up the innovation.

If I was the marketing manager, I would maybe show their products by doing sampling at the supermarkets and at Costco’s. Continue with new commercials that have the same type of catchy songs.

Questions:

1.       What new type of marketing could they come up with?

2.       Why was the commercial so effective?

        References:


















No comments:

Post a Comment